July 1, 2014
The 2013-14 academic year featured exceptional accomplishments for UIC student-athletes. Over the summer months (June 2 - August 8), UICFlames.com will rewind and look back on the Top 40 Flames' Moments from 2013-14. Each sport will be featured over ten weeks as we recap the year that was in UIC Athletics.
Team: Women's Basketball
Moment: Flames Tie Program Record With 11th Straight Win
Date: January 3, 2014
Location: UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Ill.
UIC won its 11th consecutive game with a 98-68 home victory over Roosevelt. Ruvanna Campbell (23 points and 13 rebounds) led the Flames to their third straight win over the Lakers, who sat at No. 11 in the NAIA Division II rankings. The Flames' 11-2 record was the best 13-game start in program history. The victory also tied the longest win streak in program history, which occurred from Jan. 11 - Feb. 24, 2007.
- The victory over Roosevelt was the Flames' first victory by 30 or more since their 77-42 victory over Butler on Jan. 19, 2012.
- Terri Bender scored 14 points and two steals against Roosevelt.
- Bender broke the single-season UIC assists record with 148 assists by the end of the season.
- Bender also tied the single-season UIC steals record with 93 steals and was named to the All-Horizon League Defensive Team.
- Katie Hannemann scored 12 points against Roosevelt, and finished the season ranked fifth in the Horizon League and 49th in the nation in field-goal percentage (.525).
- Hannemann was ranked seventh in the conference with 7.4 rebounds per game and third in offensive rebounds.
- She finished her career with 1,108 points and 605 rebounds, which ranked 14th and ninth in program history. Hannemann was named to the WBI All-Tournament Team.
PREVIOUS TOP MOMENTS
June 2 - Men's Soccer Posts 1-0 Shutout Against #19 Gonzaga
June 3 - Women's Basketball Defeats Wisconsin for Eighth Straight Win
June 5 - Granderson Opens New Stadium at UIC
June 6 - Ehrhardt Wins HL Women's Athlete of the Year
June 9 - Dion Named NCAA Regional Gymnast of the Year
June 10 - Ogunleye Wins Triple Jump at HL Championships
June 12 - Volleyball's Five-Set Win over Marshall
June 13 - Barlow's 38 Points Clinches Third Place for Flames at Showcase
June 16 - Women's Tennis Defeats Oakland 6-1
June 17 - Smollen Wins Individual Title at Green Bay Dual
June 19 - Ishimaru Wins 200 Butterfly at HL Championship
June 20 - UIC Upsets Michigan State and Indiana in Hoosier Classic
June 23 - Women's Soccer Completes Roster for Inaugural Season
June 24 - UIC to Host 2018 NCAA Men's Gymnastics Championships
June 26 - Men's Tennis Extends Win Streak to Three
June 27 - Women's Swimming and Diving's Strong Showing at HL Championships
June 30 - Flames Collect Eighth Straight with 3-1 Win Over Drake