May 8, 2014
Bender’s Career Stats
2013-14 Game-by-Game Stats
Bender’s Photo Gallery
Bender’s 2013-14 Highlights
- ALL-HORIZON LEAGUE DEFENSIVE TEAM
- Played in 35 games and recorded 34 starts
- Averaged 9.1 points, 4.6 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 2.7 steals over 32.8 minutes a contest
- Broke the single-season UIC assist record with 148 assists
- Tied the single-season UIC steals record with 93 steals
- 17 double-digit scoring performances
- Two 20-point efforts and one double-double
- Her first career double-double came at Detroit (Jan. 16) when she had 20 points and 11 rebounds
- Scored a career-high 22 points at Milwaukee on Jan. 29
- Led the Horizon League and ranked 22nd nationally with 2.7 steals per game
- Ranked third in the conference with 4.2 assists per game.
The 2013-14 UIC women’s basketball team won a program-record 26 games, collected the first postseason championship (WBI) in program history and owned the nation's largest turnaround. UIC collected 17 more wins (26-9) than the entire 2012-13 campaign (9-21), which was the largest win differential amongst 347 programs nationwide.
UIC won 11 straight games from Nov. 15, 2013 - Jan. 3, 2014 which tied the longest win streak in program history. The Flames broke program records for points scored (2,598), scoring average (74.2 ppg), field goals made (940), rebounds (1,503), free throws made (557) and assists (526).