March 24, 2012
CHICAGO - The UIC men's tennis team (2-10/0-1 HL) was in a battle from start to finish with Wright State (12-2/1-0 HL) on Saturday at the Flames Outdoor Tennis Courts, but they were unable to come away with the win as they ultimately fell to the Raiders, 6-1.
The Flames were able to come away with a doubles and a singles win on the day. At the singles mark, three matches were decided in three sets.
Through doubles play, Alan Reifer and Maurizio Feoli were able to capture an 8-4 victory for UIC at No. 3 over Evan Neuman and Michal Lyzwa. Alexander Raa and Rahul Kamath fell to Jamison Clark and Hayden Joblin, 8-4, at No. 1, while Nate Kirk and Scott Shepardson were taken down by Martin Arguello and Lauri Makikalli at No. 2.
In singles, the Flames captured one and took three others to three sets. James Li won at No. 2 against Joblin, 6-4, 6-0. Feoli (No. 4), Kirk (No. 5) and Kamath (No. 6) each won their first sets, but Feoli went down to Lyzwa, 1-6, 6-4, 6-2, Kirk fell to Clark, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5, and Kamath was defeated by Ricardo Pineda, 6-7, 6-4, 6-2. Raa dropped 6-3, 6-3 to Arguello at No. 1, as Reifer suffered defeat by Makikalli, 6-2, 6-2, at No. 3.
UIC returns to the Flames Outdoor Tennis Courts tomorrow to take on Butler following the women's match with the Bulldogs.
WSU 6, UIC 1
1. Clark/Joblin (WSU) def. Raa/Kamath (UIC) - 8-4
2. Arguello/Makikalli (WSU) def. Kirk/Shepardson (UIC) - 8-5
3. Reifer/Feoli (UIC) def. Neuman/Lyzwa (WSU) - 8-4
1. Martin Arguello (WSU) def. Alexander Raa (UIC) - 6-3, 6-3
2. James Li (UIC) def. Hayden Joblin (WSU) - 6-4, 6-0
3. Lauri Makikalli (WSU) def. Alan Reifer (UIC) - 6-2, 6-2
4. Michal Lyzwa (WSU) def. Maurizio Feoli (UIC) - 1-6, 6-4, 6-2
5. Jamison Clark (WSU) def. Nate Kirk (UIC) - 3-6, 6-3, 7-5
6. Ricardo Pineda (WSU) def. Rahul Kamath (UIC) - 6-7, 6-4, 6-2