Jan. 15, 2012
CHICAGO – In a day that was a battle from start to finish, the UIC men’s tennis team dropped to No. 68 DePaul on Saturday, 7-0, at the Lakeshore Athletic Club.
In doubles matches, DePaul went three in a row and knocked off UIC’s tandems of Alexander Raa (Bergen, Norway/Tertnes VGS) and Maurizio Feoli (San Jose, Costa Rica/Pan-American), Nate Kirk (Wichita, Kan./Wichita-Southeast) and Scott Shepardson (Rockford, Ill./Rockford Guilford), and Rahul Kamath (Downers Grove, Ill./Downers Grove South) and Gautham Oroskar (Oak Brook, Ill./Downers Grove North) to secure the doubles points.
The Flames could not outlast the Blue Demons in singles play, as they were unable to capture a victory in the No. 1-6 positions.
UIC concludes competition for the weekend when they face off against Northwestern on Sunday evening at 7 p.m. (CT) at the Combe Indoor Tennis Center in Evanston, Ill.
DePaul 7, UIC 0
1. Dzanko & Chanturia def Raa & Feoli, 8-5
2. Kasper & Chaffee def Kirk & Shepardson, 8-6
3. Reinhart & Hambach def Kamath & Oroskar, 8-3
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
1. Filip Dzanko def Alexander Raa, 6-1,6-1
2. George Chanturia def Maurizio Feoli, 6-4,6-1
3. Sven Kasper def Nate Kirk, 6-4,6-1
4. Mathias Hambach def Francisco Pereira, 6-0, 6-3
5. Adam Reinhart def Rahul Kamath, 6-3, 6-4
6. Aaron Chaffee def Gautham Oroskar, 6-2,6-2
Order of Finish: 4, 1, 6*, 2, 5, 3