June 13, 2014
The 2013-14 academic year featured exceptional accomplishments for UIC student-athletes. Over the summer months (June 2 – August 8), UICFlames.com will rewind and look back on the Top 40 Flames’ Moments from 2013-14. Each sport will be featured over ten weeks as we recap the year that was in UIC Athletics.
Team: Men’s Basketball
Moment: Barlow’s 38 Points Clinches Third Place for Flames at Showcase
Date: November 27, 2013
Location: Germain Arena in Estero, Fla.
Senior Kelsey Barlow poured in a career-high 38 points, tied for the third-highest total in program history, in UIC’s 94-76 victory against Wagner to clinch third at the first annual Gulf Coast Showcase. Barlow went 8-of-11 from the field, 5-of-8 from behind the arc and 17-of-19 from the foul line and had eight rebounds and five assists.
PREVIOUS TOP MOMENTS
- After his 38-point appearance against Wagner, Barlow was named ESPN’s “Top College Performer” of the night.
- Barlow ended the season as the only player in the Horizon League to lead his team in points, steals and assists.
- Barlow served as the only Horizon League player to average more than 14 points, five rebounds and 3 assists per game.
- Barlow became just the third player in UIC history to record back-to-back 30-point efforts, the first coming against Wagner (38) and the second against SMU (31).
- Barlow scored in double figures on 23 occasions and netted 20 or more points seven times.
June 2 - Men's Soccer Posts 1-0 Shutout Against #19 Gonzaga
June 3 - Women's Basketball Defeats Wisconsin for Eighth Straight Win
June 5 - Granderson Opens New Stadium at UIC
June 6 - Ehrhardt Wins HL Women's Athlete of the Year
June 9 - Dion Named NCAA Regional Gymnast of the Year
June 10 - Ogunleye Wins Triple Jump at HL Championships
June 12 - Volleyball's Five-Set Win over Marshall