UICFlames.com Receives Facelift; Redesign to Go Live Tuesday|
Nov. 14, 2011
CHICAGO- UICFlames.com, the official website for UIC Athletics, is receiving a major facelift. Starting Tuesday, users' experience on UICFlames.com will become even more enhanced, as the athletic department, in conjunction with CBS College Sports, unveils a revamped web site design that will be much more interactive, enjoyable and informative.
UICFlames.com was redesigned to make fans' online experience more enjoyable when researching UIC's various 19 sports. The main difference between the redesigned site and the past version of UICFlames.com: Interactivity and cleanliness. On the new website, multi-media and social media are included in prominent spots, and information is readily available for Flames fans to explore.
Despite the focus on visual and digital upgrades, we haven't deterred away from our primary objective of keeping things simple and easy to find. The front-page navigation on the redesigned UICFlames.com will be easier to sift through. The athletic department continues to remain committed to giving fans the information they seek in a timely, concise manner, and providing supporters the inside access that they cannot find anywhere else.
Some improved elements that Flames fans can expect to see include the following:
• A cleaner layout that allows fans easier access to need-to-know information, as well a more visually-appealing web site.
• A new home page and sport-specific masthead.
• A new color scheme that better reflects the essence of being a Flame, and the city of Chicago.
• Larger story photos, as well as a general increased use of photos, graphics and images to help fans enjoy the benefits of being a part of UIC Athletics.
• More prominent and much larger video presence for videos uploaded to the UIC Athletics YouTube channel (youtube.com/uicflamesdotcom).
• More interactive flag/masthead, including the most up-to-date news, promotions and special events.
• Flash-enabled "scroll" for sponsors of the athletic department.
• Easier navigation for buying tickets, donating to the UIC Athletics Scholarship Fund and for buying official UIC Athletics gear.
• Increased front page story rotation from three (3) to five (5) stories.
• Enhanced, interactive calendar complete with video and audio, and live stats links.
• Increased social media presence.
• Much easier and cleaner navigation on the front page, sport index pages and subsequent pages designated to an individual unit within the athletic department.
All of this, and much more, will be unveiled Tuesday on the redesigned UICFlames.com. As always, your feedback is welcomed. If you have any comments or questions surrounding the new web site when it goes live, please contact Director of Athletic Communications Brett McWethy at McWethy@uic.edu.