July 11, 2014
The 2013-14 academic year featured exceptional accomplishments for UIC student-athletes. Over the summer months (June 2 – August 8), UICFlames.com will rewind and look back on the Top 40 Flames’ Moments from 2013-14. Each sport will be featured over ten weeks as we recap the year that was in UIC Athletics.
Team: Men’s Basketball
Moment: UIC Defeats Milwaukee, 80-58
Date: February 25, 2014
Location: U.S. Cellular Arena in Milwaukee, Wis.
UIC easily defeated the Horizon League’s NCAA Tournament participant with a wire-to-wire 80-58 victory at Milwaukee. The Flames picked up their first Horizon League win of the season and their first victory on the road against UWM since March 1, 2008. Senior Kelsey Barlow scored a game-high 23 points, his seventh 20-plus point game of the year.
- The victory over Milwaukee marked UIC's largest conference road win in more than 16 years when the Flames won at Cleveland State, 96-72, on Feb. 18, 1998.
- Milwaukee went on to the post season as the only team representing the Horizon League in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Flames defense held the Milwaukee offense to a shooting percentage of 31.8, the lowest opponent shooting mark for UIC on the season.
- UWM scored just 58 points and 18 field goals, tying them for the second-lowest opponent totals on the year.
- Junior Jay Parker grabbed a career-best seven rebounds. He ended the season ranked second on the team and 11th in the Horizon League with 2.7 assists per game.
PREVIOUS TOP MOMENTS
June 2 - Men's Soccer Posts 1-0 Shutout Against #19 Gonzaga
June 3 - Women's Basketball Defeats Wisconsin for Eighth Straight Win
June 5 - Granderson Opens New Stadium at UIC
June 6 - Ehrhardt Wins HL Women's Athlete of the Year
June 9 - Dion Named NCAA Regional Gymnast of the Year
June 10 - Ogunleye Wins Triple Jump at HL Championships
June 12 - Volleyball's Five-Set Win over Marshall
June 13 - Barlow's 38 Points Clinches Third Place for Flames at Showcase
June 16 - Women's Tennis Defeats Oakland 6-1
June 17 - Smollen Wins Individual Title at Green Bay Dual
June 19 - Ishimaru Wins 200 Butterfly at HL Championship
June 20 - UIC Upsets Michigan State and Indiana in Hoosier Classic
June 23 - Women's Soccer Completes Roster for Inaugural Season
June 24 - UIC to Host 2018 NCAA Men's Gymnastics Championships
June 26 - Men's Tennis Extends Win Streak to Three
June 27 - Women's Swimming and Diving's Strong Showing at HL Championships
June 30 - Flames Collect Eighth Straight with 3-1 Win Over Drake
July 1 - Flames Tie Program Record With 11th Straight Win
July 2 - Flames Power Their Way to an 18-5 Romp Against Purdue
July 3 - Ehrhardt Earns All-Region Honors
July 7 - Women's Gymnastics Tops Illinois State in Final Home Meet
July 8 - Mwale Wins High Jump at HL Championships
July 10 - Volleyball Wins Five-Set Thriller at Cleveland State